Informed by Catholic social teaching and the example of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Faith Doing Justice Ministry at St. Mary Student Parish seeks to provide opportunities for students and parishioners to grow in faith and love through acts of justice and charity.
Programs and Events
- Mercy House is a homeless hospitality house located in downtown Ann Arbor. It provides services to the homeless population of Ann Arbor including meals, clothing, laundry, showers, etc. Volunteers primarily help run the Monday and Wednesday dinner and Saturday breakfast operation.
- Volunteer Monday & Wednesday evenings, Saturdays
- Info and Sign-up
- SMSP is currently co-sponsoring (with Jewish Family Services) a refugee family of five from Honduras. We’ve helped the family find housing, employment, enroll in school, attend health appointments, and adjust to life in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Immigration support, accompaniment to Immigration Court and Check-ins, English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Contact: Rosa Luz Postigo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti-Racism Working Group
- Monthly meetings, Racial Equity Reflection Group, Stations of the Cross: Overcoming Racism,
- Contact: Rita Zyber, email@example.com
St. Mary’s Pro-Life Ministry
- Student leadership group, Educational & volunteer opportunities, attend March For Life, weekly Rosary or devotional opportunity, make baby blankets, Diaper Drive & Deck the Dresser, pray Rosaries outside of Planned Parenthood
- Contact: Laura Durocher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented through the lens of the Christian tradition, JustFaith Ministries’ Faith & Racial Equity: Exploring Power & Privilege is a nine-session program that awakens individuals and groups to racial injustices within our systems and structures.
- Contact: Karen Thomas, email@example.com
LGBTQ Outreach Ministry
- A community of care, support, formation, reconciliation, and witness to justice with and among gay and lesbian persons, parents, family members, and friends.
- Private and confidential meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Contact: Rodrigo firstname.lastname@example.org or Cynthia email@example.com
Women of the Heart
- Women seeking to enrich their spirituality through presentations, reflection, discussion, prayer, and relationships with one another.
- Thursday mornings from 10:15am-12pm
- Contact Julie Mussio, firstname.lastname@example.org
Caring for Our Common Home
Implement Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato Si and the Universal Apostolic Preference of the Society of Jesus “Caring for Our Common Home” at St. Mary Student Parish.