Expectations for Participants
- Since community and solidarity are essential values you will experience while participating in ASB, it is very important that you attend all formation meetings. Formation meetings are mandatory for all participants and will be held on Monday evenings from 7-8:30pm, beginning January 23, 2023 through February 13, 2023. Please see the “ASB Schedule” webpage for formation meeting dates and times.
- It is understandable that conflicts and emergencies may arise that will prevent you from attending a formation meeting. Participants must communicate with their site leaders and Julia Novotny about any conflict before the formation meeting. If an emergency prevented a participant from attending a formation meeting, the participant should contact the site leaders and Julia Novotny as soon as they are able.
- Participants must be fully present to their community and respectful of the needs of others. Trust is key.
- Participants will submit all necessary forms and payments by their deadlines.
- Prayer and faith-sharing are necessary for ASB.
- Refrain from the purchase and consumption of alcohol and illicit drugs while on an immersion trip.
- COVID-19 Policy: All sites are requiring that participants be fully vaccinated. As a result, students are required to upload an image of their vaccination card(s). Please see the last section of this application for more information.
- All participants must present a negative Covid test result in the days leading up to the trip’s departure on February 25. More information will be provided around the time of the trips. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in forfeiting your participation in the trip. No refunds will be given.
Failure to comply with these and/or any other ASB policies could prevent someone from participating in ASB.
*Note: St. Mary Student Parish assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, etc. which might occur on the trip to and from the sites or at the sites. Individuals going on the trip automatically assume these risks by turning in this application form.
Questions? please contact: Julia Novotny: firstname.lastname@example.org